Friday, May 9, 2014

Run what ya know!

Just a quick post for tonight, but this thought struck my mind as I've been riding the past few days.  One of the most important parts of success, whether it be endurance sports or whatever, is being confident in the knowledge and experience you have.

Recently, I've been listening to a lot of people around me.  People that have their own plan, their own way, and their own methods of personal success.  I've been in this game long enough to know a thing or two, and shouldn't always be so easy to follow someone else's lead.  I've needed to be more true to what I know and confident in the information I've gained and stick to it.

In other words, what I'm trying to explain is that I've recently tried new things, new equipment, and new methods in training and racing that have been against what I've normally stuck with over the years.  The results have been less than desirable.  I'm encouraged that I was able to try new things, but at the same time disappointed that I didn't have faith in what has worked for me.

The bottom line is this:  Know what works for you and what's comfortable when the going gets rough. Don't stray from your path because someone else has something else that works for them.  Instead, be confident in what you've used, what you've trained with, and what you know to work.  In the end, what works for you will work for you and what works for him will work for him.  Or her...

No comments:

Post a Comment