Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Goings on...


Haven't been all that great of a blogger lately. It's been a busy summer and I'm spending a lot of time training with my beautiful girlfriend Anne and working to fund our travels:). Also, the weather has been "balls hot" so any energy I've had left after training has gone to eating and doing "life" stuff.


On the race front we've both just gotten back from Rhode Island 70.3. I think it's safe to say that we didn't have our most satisfying performances. Speaking for just myself, a race like Rhode Island, where I feel I could have performed much better, just leaves me hungry for more. There are people who enjoy the journey of training and those that enjoy the races. I'm for sure in the latter group. I'm a gamer-always have been. I like the preparation of getting ready for a contest, but it's the actual "heat of the battle" that I enjoy most. Succeed or fail, I just love toeing the start line. I only wish I had more money to race more often! :)


Next up for Anne is Ironman Lake Placid. We'll be leaving late next week and I couldn't be more excited. This will be my first Ironman experience and I can't wait to see all the emotion and everything else that goes into it. I'm sure seeing Anne and all the other athletes compete in two weeks will inspire me for my own race in Louisville at the end of August.


Otherwise things are busy. We've decided to put a HUGE focus on rest and recovery-two things we've not been the best at in the last month. We both have some niggles that need to be worked out, and I'm sure that with the right R and R we'll be back to 100% in no time. The pic above is Anne doing some Yoga. Obviously I decided it would be a better idea to get some "work" done on my computor. Can't say I'm the best yoga student in the world!


So anyway that's that. A bit of rest early this week and then it's on to Ironman training for me. I've got some serious work to lay down between now and the end of August. I really think I'm gonna like this Ironman stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment