Sunday, February 3, 2013

(Not Exactly) Super Sunday

I've done no exercise today.  Apart from some practice skateboard tricks in my bedroom (yes, I said "bedroom") I've done nothing physical.  I had plans on riding today, yes.  And as mentioned yesterday, those plans included getting out on the trails, but by the time I was able to get out, they would have been soupy, muddy, and just generally shit.  Ride the road then, you say?  Well, because of the snow, they were a mucky, salty, sandy mess.  The above freezing temps of the day served to make things pretty crappy.  Not exactly conducive to anything I really wanted to do today.

I could have found the motivation to hit up the gym and lift weights.  I could have even found the motivation to get a kettlebell workout in at home.  The fact is, I didn't feel like doing much of anything. I slept well for the second night in a row, and that was enough.  Today has been designated an impromptu rest day, and that's all I have to say about that.

Tomorrow is another day and I'll be excited and ready to rock and roll again.  I WILL NOT get into the same cycle of forced training that I've always subjected myself to in the past.  I'm going to have fun with it and push nothing (well not exactly "nothing" but you get the idea).

Anyway, let the Superbowl festivities begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment