Sunday, November 11, 2012

A bit more thought...

After I posted my last post yesterday, I started to think that perhaps I'd been a bit too harsh.  Maybe I was letting things get to me a little too much and getting them out on the screen helped.  I won't exactly go back on what I said yesterday, and the thoughts expressed, but I will say that the way I reacted was a little over the top.  It's not that I'm apologizing for the way I feel-and the last thing I want to do is come off being PC-I just feel that everyone has their own ways to deal with things and mine was to spurt out a bunch of thoughts on my blog.  Enough said.

Things are slowly getting back to normal.  The storm that came about 2 weeks ago still has lingering effects (people are still without power, water, and homes), but life as I know it is just about back to what it was before.  One glaring thing though, still out of the norm, is the mountain bike trails in the area.  Some trail systems were hit harder than others, but I think my most local trails were hit the hardest.  Trees are down and branches along with other debris cover the trail.  It's a mess back there and it made my attempt to ride with some folks today a near impossibility.  Still it was good to get out and get on with some things, but it's going to be a lot of hard work and time before the trails are back to what they were.

The rest of the day will consist of caffeine, yard cleanup, and football.  Not a special day by any stretch of the imagination.  The one huge difference between this day and the past days is the weather, however.  Super warm and beautifully sunny.  Had the trails been primed and ready to go, it would have been the perfect day for a ride.  Cool enough not to sweat too much, but warm enough to wear a t-shirt and shorts.  PERFECT riding weather.

Tomorrow, weather wise, will be more of the same, so at least that's something to look forward to.  Anyway....Keep on trucking!

No comments:

Post a Comment