Friday, November 2, 2012

In search of...

DIRT JUMPS!!!!

So this stupid bitch of a hurricane, Sandy, has things up in the air as far as most "life" things are considered, so methinks what better time to get a little gnarly with my ass and build some new jumps in a secret place close to my home.  Ideally I'd like to find a spot deep in the woods with the potential to get by using pedal power only, but I realize, given my location, that I might actually have to travel a bit to find my ideal spot.  Nevertheless, the digging will commence tomorrow!

We lost our power on Monday during the storm, and haven't been back on the grid since.  Yesterday, while washing my hands, we lost clean water as a brownish sludge covered my then Palm Olive clean hands.  As I've said to Anne, people live like this many places in the world each and every day.  I (and hopefully my parents) can deal with a little bit of discomfort and inconvenience for the next week or so.  After all that we've been through, the calm and quiet nights really aren't all that bad.

So with the uncertainty of the power and water coming back on, and the general "life situations" dealt with, it's time to get out and have some fun.  I managed to get in a pretty cold, albeit fun kettle bell workout today (felt like Rocky getting ready to fight Ivan Drago) and tomorrow, as mentioned above, I'll attempt to get out with the shovel and build some new dirt jumps in a hopefully "double secret probation" type of spot.  I'm not sure what I'll come up with, or even if things will work, but screw it, Why the hell not!?

Over and out for now-whenever this power comes back on I'll be back to my normal life.  For now it's all about appreciating what we've got, and realizing how lucky we all are for having our lives and our families around us.  Let's play Monopoly bitches! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment