Sunday, October 31, 2010

Good last couple days

Last couple days have been good both on the training front and on the work front. Busy busy at work which means running around like a psycho getting stuff done. Not bad though as I'd rather be busy than not. Training-wise, things have also been good. I think I jumped back into training a bit too much intensity, and it bit me. Slowing it down a bit though (read: listening to your coach) has allowed me to feel better. I'm right about where I should be for this time of year. Swimming a bit, cycling a lot:), and running sometimes.

Got in a great ride yesterday with a guy I met at the trail and his son. I had posted the ride I was going to do yesterday (3 hours aerobic and chill) on the local mountain biking website. I only got one response so I didn't know what to expect. Anyway, Greg and his son Ben showed up and we rode together. At first I have to say that I was pretty bummed not to be able to ride at my usual pace, but after a bit, I actually enjoyed the liesurely pace. I was still able to ride hard and loop back on them after doing some of the optional singletrack, so I was able to push hard and then rest whilst riding with them. A little bit more of an interval workout than anything else, but it was still fun and still great to be out in the woods all afternoon:).

Getting ready to hit the road in a few minutes, but just waiting for the sun to come up. It's coooold so I'm gonna have to bundle up a bit, but will have a reward waiting when I get out to breakfast with some friends. Then it's on to watch the Jets game this afternoon and hopefully meet someone who wants to have a look at buying my 29er. I'm on the fence about selling it, but if the price is right... We'll see anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment