Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Busy Busy

Blogging has slipped a bit over the last couple weeks. Including my trip to Europe, this past month has been travel just about every weekend. Between running around in the UK, getting back to the States only to jump up to Connecticut to race, and then hopping down to Marlyand for my Anne's race it's been quite a long month of going from one place to another. I must say though, it has been a hell of a fun trip, not to mention being able to spend much of the time with Anne and getting in some terriffic training:).

This week has been back to the grind. Monday was a smack in the face with work, and it hasn't stopped. Running from appointment to appointment and fitting in training in between. It's a lot of time spent moving around during the day, but I don't think I'd want it any other way. It's times like this when I'm most productive and able to "conquer" each day. If there were only 28 hours in a day...

Also over the past week I've done a bunch of testing-swim, bike, and run. Cycling has remained fairly consistent, while running and swimming have seen some improvement. It's a slow process, but I'm happy to continue to improve. Have to admit that I hate testing (mainly because I'm afraid of slipping backward:) ), but it's a necessary evil.

So training-wise, the week started off with my final test on the bike Monday, and then a great tempo bike session followed by a VO2 run session. The run session was really the first of it's kind this year, and I'm happy to say that it was painfully pleasant. Up for today are a couple of runs as well as a swim in the midday with Anne. It'll be nice to have some company at the pool:).

The rest of the week is pretty steady with training, and thankfully no travel this weekend. Hopefully we'll be able to relax and catch up on some much needed rest. I think we both really need it:).

No comments:

Post a Comment