Friday, June 4, 2010

Rest Day

Spent most of the day, aside from work, getting ready for Rev3 this weekend. Got all my travel arrangements sorted, and made sure my bike is ready to race. I'm really looking forward to this race with a great feeling of calmness. My coach and I have gone over all the particulars in terms of pacing and nutrition and I have a pretty good grasp on where I'll finish and what I'm presently capable of. Spending more time this year paying attention to things like power, pace, and nutrition seem to have made a big difference in my confidence. Also, paying strict attention to my swimming and working with a specific swim coach has helped me to be much more comfortable in the water. If I'm not faster in the water, I'll surely use much less energy and come into T1 in a much better place than I have previously.

All in all I'm really excited about this first proper test of the season. I'll have a more important race later in the year, but for now this should be good!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment