Sunday, June 27, 2010

Good to be back

Glad to be back to somewhat normal training. On the schedule for today was a open water swim, race pace bike session, and tempo brick run. As yesterday was really my first full day of being back to normal (and I only trained for an hour-easy spin), I didn't want to overdo things today with a bunch of hard sessions, only to put myself back in the "sick locker" again.

Anne and I got out on the bike somewhat early in the day and rode for about 3 and a half hours. The ride felt good, and at times I rode at race pace. Still, I resisted the temptation to just go for it and just enjoyed being back on my bike again after a week of being totally laid out. Funny part of the ride was getting caught up in a local century ride. While it was great to see so many riders out on the roads on a beautiful Sunday morning, it was a bit tough riding through so many of them on our way back home. Definitely had to say "on your left" quite a bit.:)

After the ride, Anne set off for an hour run and I took the Lucky for an easy 20 min jog. The legs felt terriffic and I really wanted to leave Lucky at home and get some more miles in, but again, in the interest of my health (as well as Anne's insistence that I not do anything stupid:) ), I called it a day after the 20 mins was up. My Anne's a smart girl so I'll listen to what she has to say:).

We're off now to grab some lunch and a couple nice chais before an evening open water swim. Should be a good rest of the day!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment