Thursday, January 5, 2012

Resolutions

Resolutions are like a$$holes, everyone has one.  The only difference is, they usually don't keep them.  Being in the fitness industry, I see it each and every year.  The gyms are packed for the first few weeks of the year, and then slowly but surely, people stop coming in and get back to what they were doing before they made their decision to get in shape for the new year.  Therefore, I really am not all that keen on making resolutions myself.

Now, with that being said, I've decided I need to "revamp" my nutrition, and what better time (read, excuse) than the new year to make a shift.  Simply put, I eat A LOT of shit.  Most of my diet is composed of quick meals, cookies, chips, and the like.  It's rare that I eat many vegetables or fruits.  In reality, it's amazing that I've been able to train and recover as good as I have in the past.  Now that I'm not exactly racing anymore (though I still ride for at least 10 hours a week), it's more important than ever to be better with my daily intake. 

So blah, blah, blah, I'm going to start to make an effort in the new year to eat better and make more healthy decisions on food.  I'm realistic in saying that I'll still have plenty of cookies and chips, but for every cookie and potato chip I eat, I'm going to try and balance it with good and nutritious food.  Good take care of this body while I have it!

*Disclainer*-I'm also planning on only drinking "good" beer and wine in the new year.  Priorities!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment