Saturday, November 19, 2011

Disappointment (Super Sarcasm)

Ok, I'm being a bit of a drama queen posting "Disappointment" as the title of this blog, but it's my blog so deal with it!:)  Anyway, since there is such little excitement in my life these days (more sarcasm), I got disappointed last night when I was suppossed to get out for a night ride with a friend on my mountain bike only to be ditched at the last minute and not be able to ride.

So the last few days I've gotten a few new toys (see pics).  One of those is a new, bright as balls (not really sure what that means but it sounds good) light.  It's a Nite Rider Pro 1500.  Since I've never ridden with a light before, I'm not sure how much better this light is than others, but I do know that from riding up and down my block it'll be just fine for my riding.

The other two toys are a couple new rides.  The first is my new Specialized Stump Jumper FSR.  Bad. Ass. Bike.  That's really all I can say.  This thing is tight-literally.  The suspension is super plush but not squishy, and every little detail was thought of.  There is not one thing I want to change on this bike-an amazing thing considering how I've never bought a stock bike and kept it stock.  Everything down to the tires, the fork, the saddle, the seatpost, etc. is just perfect and works well together.  Specialized really know what they're doing and put together an amazing product.  I'm such a Specialized guy now!!!  Best bikes in the world, hands down.



And the other toy I got is a Transition Trans AM.  This bike is sick!!!  Originally, I'd planned on buying a Trans AM frame, and building it up little by little as a little project over this coming winter.  Well, that was the plan until I found a ridiculous deal on Ebay for the complete bike you see in the pic.  It's a steel hardtail All-Mountain bike.  It's got a 110-150mm fork, Easton Havoc wheels, a 1X9 setup, Shimano crank, Answer Pro Taper bars, and I threw a Kenda Navegal tire up front with a WTB Weirwolf rear.  It's a little on the heavy side for a hardtail, but I'm not looking for it to be a race bike.  Rather, it's a bike I'm just gonna rip on, have fun, and enjoy.  The steel is super forgiving, even if it's not fast like an XC bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment