Friday, November 11, 2011

Got passed...

Got passed on the trail by another rider today for the first time I can ever remember.  Kind of humbling.  I can't say that I'm really shocked, given the fact that I haven't "trained" in months, but it still stung a bit.  There was the fact, too, that I was riding an 8 inch travel bike with flat pedals and the dude who passed me was on a rigid 29er...but I'm not picking straws. :)

Anyway, I'm hitting the road again tomorrow for the third time this week-the most I've done on the road bike since August.  I think the "soft around the middle" feeling  is starting to get to me a bit.  I'm still super fit by "normal" person standards, but gettin' passed was a bit of a kick in the stomach.  Gotta get my mojo back! 


Also, looks like I'm picking up a new bike on Monday.  A friend of a friend (don't ask) hooked me up BIG TIME with a new Specialized Stump Jumper FSR.  Super excited to get this new beast and shred it out.  It's got 140mm of travel front and rear, which is a little less than what I'm used to riding, but I'm sure it'll be awesome.  The new Auto Sag technology that Specialized has is, I'm sure, gonna rock, not to mention that the bike is spec'd out!  Looking forward to rolling the Roval wheels and seeing what they're all about.  I'll have a review and some pics up sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment