Saturday, November 26, 2011

Plenty of Riding and a Vid from Yesterday

Got in some good riding the last couple days to fend off the "fatassness" associated with Thanksgiving.  Although I'm not formally training for anything at the moment, I do ride almost everyday and have even been hitting the weights again.  As I'm deciding to focus on mostly gravity related races next year (DH/Enduro with a little XC sprinkled in for good measure), I guess it's more important that I worry about bike handling and getting air instead of pure fitness.  Either way, it's fun to ride a bike and that's what I do.

Wednesday and Thursday saw me taking two days off the bike for the first time since I don't know when.  I can't remember the last day I didn't ride, much less the last time I didn't ride for two days in a row!  So yesterday it was back to business with a light and dark ride.  I rode one loop of the trail system in the light, finished up, got back to the car, mounted the lights on my helmet, and did the same loop again in the dark.  All told it was a good 3-3 1/2 hours.  I hate measuring time on the bike, and I don't like to think about training numbers or whatever, but yesterday I just wanted to at least hit 3 hours to burn off some energy and calories. 

Today was back at it again, riding with my buddy Nate.  Nate is a tri-guy, but recently bought one of my mountain bikes.  He's new, but the dude is picking it up quick.  Very fun riding with someone new and eager to learn as well as showing them a new trial they've never seen.

Below is a little clip from yesterday's "light" ride.  Camera angle was a bit low, but it's kinda cool to watch the ground... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment