Monday, December 13, 2010

Back on the Horse

Got back on the bike today. Yesterday (Sunday) was filled with torrential rain. Sort of a nice early winter nor'easter. I woke up, looked out the window, and went right back to bed. In fact, I managed not to even get out of my pj's for the whole day. Needless to say, the bike, road or mountain, didn't get touched yesterday.

It was still a bit rainy this morning, but I got out for about a 90 min spin that felt pretty good. I'm a little concerned with my motivation right now, but then again it is the winter and I still haven't taken a proper break from training, save a couple days here and there. If this lack of motivation continues, I may consider shutting it down completely for a few days. With my upcoming trip to the UK on the horizon as well, training may naturally take a backseat as it is-which will probably be best for my body and mind.

I was reminded yesterday just how hard it is NOT to move during my lay in yesterday. Sure it was relaxing for a while, but at the end of the day I was feeling sluggish, slow, and bored out of my mind, not refreshed and invigorated as I had thought I might be. Something has to be said for physical movement. I couldn't imagine living that way. Sadly there are quite a few people that do...

Anyway, tomorrow will most likely be a swim and strength workout, but I'm not sure how the day is going to pan out. I might wind up fitting in a mountain bike and a strength session depending on how I feel. The trails are going to be terriffic tomorrow with all the rain we've had in the last days, but I'm worried that the temps will freeze any tacky dirt that we get. Also, I'm going to have to devote some time to taking care of my body. After not spending much time on stretching lately I'm about as tight as a drum, and my IT band is acting up. I did some light stretching yesterday and after my ride today, but I really need to prioritize it some more, even to the point that I may replace a training session for a stretching session. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment