Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Off Season in Full Effect...well sort of...

Been deviating quite a bit from the training schedule this week. With Christmas coming, work has been kinda sporadic this week, so it's left me plenty of time to take care of "life stuff"-which, of course, I haven't done any of:). I need to go Christmas shopping-haven't done it yet. I need to clean my apartment-haven't done it yet. I need to get money (GBP) for my trip to England Sunday-just did it today (and subsequently had to spend an extra $10 to get overnight shipping because I waited so long!). And of course, I need to train-which I have managed to do every day.

However, the training part hasn't exactly been by the book, so to speak. See, I have this wonderful plan laid out for me, and I've almost completely ignored it. Ok, well I've done the workouts, just not on the days planned. Oh, and I might leave a couple out (like the whole swimming thing for example). :) I'm just not really into anything but riding my bike easy and running easy. Just getting some miles in, enjoying the weather, and having fun letting my mind wander a bit.

Running has been joyful again. I'm pain free and want to keep it that way, so when I have run recently I've just let it happen. Not fast, not slow, just at I guess what would be called "conversational" pace for anywhere from 30 mins to an hour. Biking has been more serious, with more frequent and longer sessions, but at the same time, nothing above a solid aerobic effort. Rides have ranged from 90 mins to three hours most days, though I'm really itching for a 4-5 hour mtb ride before I leave Sunday. We'll see if that happens though.

Anyway, the important part is that I'm enjoying it. There's always room for structure, and of course it's necessary, but I really think that at times it just wears my body down to the point where I'm almost forced to slow down, or just fizzle out from burnout and injury. I have some ideas for next year, but I need some solid verification before I proceed.

So that's the happs for now. Just pluggin' along until the weekend, surely leaving it all for the last minute just like I always do:). What else could be more fun??? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment