Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Fun in the snow!

Gonna keep this one short today...

We got our first dusting of snow today and it rocked. I usually dred the coming of snow (mostly because it means cold temps and cold hands and feet while riding), but when I actually get out in it I'm like a kid in a candy store. The seasonal change is important for athletes I think, because it gives you a natural (and often forced) change of pace.

Anyway, I got out on the trails with the 'cross bike and loved every minute of it. I wasn't alone, so I had to take things slower than I usually would if I could just put my head down and cruise, but being on skinny tires on the singletrack I usually ride my mtb on was awesome. Funny how just a change in bikes can give you a whole new appreciation of how to ride a trail! Not to mention, riding a cross bike on techy trails WILL make you a better rider. After a few more times of this, riding through these same trails on my mtb will be like a walk in the park!

*no pics today-I was waaaay to busy having fun playing in the snow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment