Saturday, September 17, 2011

Kinda of a waste.

Kind of a wasted trip.  As I mentioned yesterday, I was considering a day trip up to some new trails I'd heard were pretty good.  After a little debate this morning, I decided "What the hell" and went for it.  I can't say that it was a complete waste, but if I knew what I was getting for the 90min plus ride, I might have thought twice before taking the plunge.

I was really looking for some good, flowy singletrack with some drops and "pee in your pants" parts.  Jumps would've been nice too, but I wasn't gonna be that picky.  What I got was mostly cross country double track, with some decent single track mixed in.  Sure, it was chunky, rooty, and rocky, but it certainly nothing that couldn't have been ridden on a cross country hardtail bike. 

Basically I think I brought too much bike with me.  Brining six inches of dual suspension travel to this trail was like bringing an atomic bomb to a knife fight.  I'm not saying I'll never ride there again, but I'll be sure to bring my hardtail 29er.

So anyway, the day wasn't a complete waste since I still got to ride my bike for around 4 hours with some newly-met friends, but I could have stayed home and had a much better ride.  I guess the search for good single track continues...









No comments:

Post a Comment