Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Baaaack!

Took a little of a hiatus from the blogosphere to find that my blog had been all twisted and whacked out by some malware nonsense.  Sorry to my 2 loyal readers:).

Anyway, not much new going on.  I've really been enjoying 'just riding' lately.  No structured training. No serious riding.  Just cruising.  Going hard and going easy all depends on the trail and how I feel.  No pressure to do anything I don't wanna do.

Just about 99% of all my riding has been on my 5 inch travel, full suspension trail bike (Trek Fuel EX8).  I'm loving this thing to death.  It's fast, comfy, and plush.  Not the fastest bike on the ups, but man does it cruise on the downs.  Been able to really get some air off the jumps and hit some nice drops I wouldn't attempt on my XC bikes.  I'm in the process of selling one of my bikes and some extra bike parts to buy a 6 inch travel bike, the Cannondale Jekyll, which is by all means my dream bike.  It has an adjustable option for the rear suspension that allows you to run either 90mm or 150mm of travel depending on the trail.  It won't necessarily be a race bike, but just a total rockin' and rollin' fun, balls out bike.  Really it's just what I need in my life right now.

As I've mentioned before, I just don't wanna race right now.  I was finding myself too high-strung and too stressed about racing all the time.  Truth is, it wasn't fun anymore.  Sure, training was fun, and I LOVE riding mountain bikes, but I just don't have the desire to push it right now.  And if I can't push it, and race how I want, then I'm not having fun.  This time in my life just isn't right to race.  I'm sure this will change, but right now I need mountain biking to be an outlet for my stress, not a cause.

Ok, enough of that.   I'm planning on doing some ride specific weekends before the fall gets too crazy.  One Upstate New York trip to Lake Placid, and maybe a couple more to New Jersey and Pennsylvania to ride some rocky stuff.  I'm hoping to get out west sooner rather than later, and certainly before the winter hits.  If I don't get out there before then, Spring will definitely have a trip to Colorado, Utah, or somewhere of the like:).

That's it for now.  Catch ya later...









No comments:

Post a Comment