Monday, February 13, 2012

T-minus 1 Day

Getting closer...  I'm still stressed, but I think cleaning my apartment over the last few days has helped.  I cleaned like a m-fer.  Even the fridge got cleaned out, and I managed to throw away most of the hundreds of magazines I've accumulated over the past couple years.  I got rid of clothes, bleached my bathroom, got the dust-bunnies out from under the bed, and even managed to reorganize all my bike tools and equipment so that my "bike shop" is no longer the same room as my kitchen.

Packing is going to be the main order of this afternoon.  I still have some quick errands to run; need to get a laptop case, get the car washed (and possibly the oil changed), and head to the bank to make sure I've got enough cash in my accounts and in my pocket for the trip.

I'm looking forward to so many things on this trip.  Seeing good friends, riding beautiful places, and documenting it all on my cameras and in my words.  I'm nervous about my bike getting there when I do, but I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that the airline folks hold up their end of the bargain when it comes to that.

Disappointingly, I found a small tear in the sidewall of my new Schwalbe Rocket Rons as I was looking over my bike last night.  I know these tires don't have a terribly long lifespan, but dammit if these things went quick!  I only mounted them less than a month ago, and I've only done maybe two rides with them on rocks sharp enough to o anything like this.  I'm planning on leaving them mounted for when I get there, and just riding them until they can't be ridden anymore.  I'm brining three other tires (a Specialized Ground Control, Purgatory, and some other Spesh tire), but they're all bigger volume tires.  I guess I'm just going to have to justify the bigger tires by riding some big rocks and gnarly stuff. :)

Anyway, time to get to work and get the last of everything sorted so I can go and have a blast.  Again, I'll be updating as much as I can with some short video and posts here when I can (internet connections willing), and I'll have a full writeup, article, and longer vids when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment