Sunday, February 5, 2012

Thirty One Years

Amazing.  I turn 31 today and I still feel like I'm 15 years old.  Actually, wait-ok, I was fat and had the self esteem of a mud puddle when I was 15, so I guess I feel like I'm 26.  I'm pretty sure that's when I started to come into my own as an adult.

It's funny to look back at the experiences the last thirty years have brought me.  First and foremost I've been an athlete, but I've acted, modeled, fought, and traveled.  I've had a lot of good times and a lot of bad times.  I've found love a couple times, and I've lost it a couple times.  I know what it means to feel positive that I'm on the 'right' track in life, and I know what it means when that comes crashing down.  I've been stressed, and I've been relaxed.  I've felt pain and I've felt joy.  All these things have made me who I am and I wouldn't have changed any of them.

As I look out on what will be the next chapter of my life, I'm happy to know that I'm more settled in my thought, and have the wisdom of some years behind me.  Though life isn't just about analytical thought, a little bit every now and then doesn't hurt.  I will choose to live the next part of my life on my terms.  I will choose to love when I love, hurt when I hurt, smile when I'm happy, and cry when I'm sad.  I make the promise to myself to do whatever I do with my heart, my gut, and my balls.  More than anything I wanna live my life with mud on my clothes, dirt under my nails, and maybe even a little bit of B.O. from a time well had.

No comments:

Post a Comment