Sunday, March 6, 2011

Another Good Week








This is the third solid week I've had in a row. Previous weeks, yeah, I put in the hours (less of them!), but this is the first string of weeks where I could actually feel things starting to come together. I'm at the point now where I can sense my body wanting more and more. I'm tired and a bit sore, but I still feel like going. It's the point where, if left to my own devices, I could just completely bury myself.

It's no coincidence that my training has gotten better since the weather has started to break for the better. I'm NOT a winter guy. I used to be, but the snow really puts a damper on me. When I have things to do in the winter (i.e. spend time with Anne cross country skiing), I'm just dandy, but I don't exactly live in a "winter paradise", and Anne wasn't here with me all winter-only for a couple weekends at the end of January. Put this all together and I've got a recipe for low-motivated, slogging training that has me just going through the motions. Anyway...

Like I was saying, this week was another that absolutely ROCKED! The weather continues to grow warmer, and the trails are finally ridable on a consistent basis-muddy, but ridable. I was able to log more time on the mtb than I have in months, and topped it all off with a 2 hour and 45 minute ride Friday, a close to 5 hour ride on Saturday, and then a nice easy (ok, it was hard a lot of the time!) 2 and a half hour ride today. I easily could have gone for more today, but (and in a lot of ways this is actually a good thing) rains moved in pretty heavy and put the ride to an end just when it needed to.

All in all things are really feeling like they're coming together. I've got to work on hashing out a race schedule. As I'm not quite sure where I'll be and when I'll be there, it's a bit tough to make decisions now, but I'm sure it'll all come together soon enough. Plenty of racing out there to do!

Tomorrow is off and I NEED it! I'll get in some light stretching and other recovery stuff, and be ready to return to kickin' ass and takin' names on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment