Friday, March 11, 2011

Interval Thursday, Dirt Friday

Got out on the road bike yesterday for a little interval session. Kicked my butt in the end, but I have to say I love feeling more and more powerful on the bike. These were the first intervals of the year that I did out on the road, and I'm not quite sure I loved it. I liked it, but can't say I loved it. Being used to having such control indoors, I found the workout outdoors suffered from wind, cars, hills, and potholes. I have another interval session set up for Sunday, but at this point I'm on the fence. The weather is suppossed to be gorgeous, but I want quality at the same time.

Today I got back out on the trails. We got a LOT of rain through the night and in the morning making things in the woods SLICK! Some spots were as slick as ice, and others were just muddy and murky. Good for balance and handling skills for sure!

This weekend I really want to spend a long time on the mtb. I'm thinking of an epic ride for tomorrow, but still have to make sure everythin will work out. Regardless, I'm gonna spend some good time in the saddle, even if it's not "epic".

No comments:

Post a Comment