Thursday, June 9, 2011

Normal is getting normal

Looks like after yesterday the pieces of my shattered life are starting to glue themselves back together. I'm not one for whining, but I've had the absolute shittiest luck this past month.

"Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it." That's a quote I heard the other day and realize just how true it is. I've been through a rough patch, and I'm happy with the way I've been able to handle it. It's always easy to run away and hide, but if you stick around and face those things which give you trouble it shows how strong you are. I'd like to think I've done more sticking around than running and hiding.

Anyway...
I'm looking forward to heading down to PA this weekend for the Stoopid 50. Not sure what exactly to expect from this race, but it looks to be a pretty tough 50 miler, with plenty of rocks and techy singletrack-which plays to my strengths. Like I've said it'll be a good test. And not only that, but I'll get to catch up with a cousin of mine I rarely get to see. Nothing says family like "Hey man, can I crash on your couch?"

So that's it for now. Just hurrying up and waiting for the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment