Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Weekend

This weekend was really nothing special-emphasis on NOTHING. I've got wooden legs, I'm tired, and I haven't been getting enough sleep. All a recipe for shit training.

I was able to spend about 7 hours on the bike the last two days, maybe a little more, maybe a little less. I haven't clocked a mile in months, and I never use a bike computer anymore. I find that these things, in the state of mind I'm in right now, really get in my way. Through the winter, sure a power meter and heart rate monitor where my "go to" devices, but now I'm just riding hard when it's called for, and riding easy when that's called for. Nothing special, just doing it.

As for my crappy state, I'm sure it stems from a lack of rest. As a matter of fact, I'm SURE that's exactly what it comes from. I've been stressed out, drinking too much caffeine, and sleeping at most 5 broken hours a night. I felt awesome at the beginning of the week, but ended it with a wimpering fart:).

Tomorrow I'll rest and get some good food in the gut. Hopefully this will help me get out of my funk. Good sleep, good food, and a rest day should do the trick!

No comments:

Post a Comment