Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Uncle! Uncle!

Seems that my body is calling out "Uncle!" for now. Had some solid training in the past week, with four big days back to back to back to back leading into Sunday. Big workouts, trying to get in any last minute fitness I could get. I'm satisfied with where I am now, though I'm not exactly sure if it's my best. The Stoopid 50 will be a great test of what I'm up against in this endurance mountain bike racing game, and I'm looking forward to seeing where I stand.

For the race, I'm pretty set on Nutrition (Infinit all the way), but I'm toying with the idea of wearing a Camelback filled with only water. I'm really not a huge fan of Camelbacks, but it might be a necessity as the temps are gonna be hot and the humidity high. Also, it's an extra expense I don't wanna account for as my money belt is already tight enough. Decisions, decisions...

Today was a 1:15 ride on the mountain bike, mostly endurance paced with some race efforts thrown in. I've realized that I'm good at steady on the mountain bike. I can ride all day and not slow down, but I'm lacking some high-end speed. I'm not too concerned about that though, but it would be nice to up the pace a bit for the steady output stuff. Gonna have to get back to the drawing board after this coming weekend and hit some good structured workouts again. Just riding the bike has been fun, but I'm starting to identify some weaknesses that could use addressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment