Thursday, June 23, 2011

Rider on the Storm

Got back on the hog today after a somewhat forced day of rest yesterday and the pistons were firing high! Rode the mountain bike for a bit over 3 hours today, mostly dirt with plenty of the techy stuff. If I'm to be ready for PA in a couple weeks, I best get my fair share of riding whatever bumpy stuff I can.

Today turned out to be perfect for the fact that it was raining steady for most of the ride. Being that there are plenty of exposed roots on many sections of the trail, the wet conditions made it even tougher to navigate. Great opportunity to work on skills while trying not to slip and break your ass!

The one tough part of the day was the ride home. Driving, downpour type rain slammed me for the entire 20 minutes from trailhead to my door. Without a doubt the heaviest rain I've ever ridden in-the type that you can't even see your hand in front of your face. Gotta say though, I was ginning ear to ear the entire ride. It was like being a kid again! And the best part was I didn't even have to wash my bike when I got home! Just a towel dry and she's done! Now my organic brake pads, on the other hand, will need replacing. Not much surface left on those bad boys, but it was worth the fun in the rain!:)

Friday night race series starts for me tomorrow night! Looking forward to mixing it up a bit. Off now to get some Oscar Blue's Dale's Pale Ale. Anyone ever tried it? Kinda pricey, but I've heard good things about Oscar's. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment