Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Ride 3 hours

Got in a pretty solid, albeit easy paced 3 hours on the bike. Since abandoning my HR monitor and power meter, I've gotten very good at telling how fast I'm going and how much I'm pushing on any given day. I did the Stoopid 50 sans even a bike computer and was very pleased with how things worked out. And for training I'm continuing to do the same. I might cave one day and hook up a speed and cadence device, but I don't think that'll be anytime soon. Just me and my watch for now:).

Very busy the last couple days which is what I like. Not so much on the training front, but rather just life stuff. I've been trying to get a lot done, and it seems like that's working for me. I'm not very good at not being busy, so the more I move, the happier I am.

Back to training, this is the second time in a couple weeks I've been able to get up and train before 6am and it's awesome. I love riding to the sunrise, not to mention getting good work on the bike done before I start my work day. With the summer being as it will be with my clients, I'll have more of an opportunity to do this on a regular basis.

I might wind up taking another rest day tomorrow. This weekend is going to be loaded with riding, and if I'm going to have any chance at the stage race starting Friday, I'd better get my legs some rest. Plenty of good food and recovery tactics on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment