Thursday, July 14, 2011

Miiiigrane!!!!!

I get migranes from time to time. Usually they occur when the weather changes, the pollen comes out, or I let myself get too run down. I'm thinking that this one was a result of the weather changing dramatically as well as being a bit run down.

After 2 very hot and humid days in a row, last night was actually quite cool and pleasant. No humidity, and temps way down from what they were in the daytime. I sleep with the window open, and could feel the cool air all night. Slept very well...

That is, of course, until I woke up at 5am with a splitting headache, dizzy, and queezy. Typical migrane symptoms for me. Well, with that bag of suck, my day pretty much followed suit. Luckily (or unluckily) I didn't have too many appointments, and could try and relax (which I didn't do) to get over this thing.

Instead, I decided to go for an easy spin, which really was easy, but left me feeling even worse. I guess it's a crapshoot-sometimes those little spins make you feel better, other time worse. Either way, I feel even crappier than before. The only good news is that my HiFi build is almost done, and I should be able to ride tomorrow, provided I feel up to it.

I've got a big weekend on tap with a long off road ride on Saturday, followed by a century ride on Sunday. This is all subject to change of course if I feel like riding the dirt all weekend which is a strong possibility. I'm thinking an "off Long Island" adventure to the wonderful state of New Jersey might be on tap. Either that or perhaps going upstate New York way... Decisions decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment