Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday

Gonna be a HOT one today. Looking forward to getting back on the bike though-as I always do after a rest day. I'm planning on a 2 and change hour off-road ride today. I'm still a little undecided on whether or not to race this weekend, which is throwing a little of a wrench into my training plans.

The two biggest benefits of racing this weekend would be getting some more practice on the gnarly Pennsylvania rocks, and squeezing some more miles into the legs. The two biggest negatives would be the risk of burning too many matches before Wilderness 101, and spending extra money on the trip that I should probably be saving. Both sets of factors are valid and making things really hard to decide on what to do.

The one solution to this dilemma might just be to take a nearby day trip and get in some good techy riding. That way, I won't be tempted to go "race hard", and I'll save money while still being able to get in the benefit of riding and practicing on some rocks. The only problem with that is where the hell do I go? Seems the only rocky trails I know enough to ride are in State College PA, a nearly 6 hour car drive away. I'm sure there is something closer, but I'm afraid that once I got there I might not know enough about the trails to put in a solid ride. Either way, I've got a few more days left to decide on what to do.

In other news...

I've been really stressed out about work of late. I've got some side projects in the works, but for the day to day stuff, I just need a big time change. I've been personal training now for almost 10 years and while I still love it, things are starting to get a little old. I either need to get a spark from working with more athletes, changing things up, or something... Or, I need to look for a new career. I'd love to work in the bike industry, but I have no idea on where to start. I'm completely up for relocating, I just need to find a job first. If anyone has any ideas, let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment