Friday, July 8, 2011

Back to the real world

After a week full of shinanigans:), it's back to life as I know it-at least for a little bit. First on tap is resting up my tired legs. As I see it, right now is make or break time for the Wilderness 101 at the end of this month. I'm dealing with some residual fatigue coming off of this past week's sha-lacking (is that how it's spelled?), and if I don't step carefully, I just might blow the top off my fitness for the rest of the season.

Given the fact that I've been training basically non-stop, and now racing a fair bit, it's time to take at least a couple consecutive days off the bike. I always say I'm gonna do this, but for some reason or another, I find a reason to go out and pedal.

Fact is, I LOVE riding a bike. I love the speed, the skill, and the feeling of turning the cranks and hearing my tires hum underneath me. Always have. I can't think of a time in my life (minus a couple years in college) when I didn't own a bike. Even then, I had one, just not with me at school. In addition, I've come to realize that I've always loved being in nature. Why the hell did it take me so long to discover mountain biking??? :)

Training wise I'm looking to relax today (as I did yesterday), and then hit the trails tomorrow. I might throw in some intervals if I'm feeling it, or I might just ride. Then, Sunday is a charity "race", which is actually more of a ride. Basically it's 4 hours, and for each lap completed of a 10 mile loop, money will be donated in the riders name for the protection of animals. Since I'm an animal and I like other animals (as well as riding my bike for extended periods), I figure it's a win for everyone!

That's about it for now. Work is slow, but that's life. More time to plan my future and lay the foundations for independent success:).

No comments:

Post a Comment