Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Back on the bike

Great day today. I've been a bit under the weather the past couple days and seemed to have turned a corner today. I woke up still feeling kinda "eh", but after a little ride today I'm feeling back to normal.

I got a great sleep last night, thanks to my friend Mr. Nyquil, and it showed on the bike today. I've had a lot of trouble sleeping (which may be one of the major issues I've been having with feeling well), so I'm happy to have gotten in a solid 8 or 9 hours last night.

The actual ride went very well. After a pretty crap warmup, I was able to put together a pretty solid session on the road. Originally we had decided to do some course recon today, but my schedule didn't allow for it. Tomorrow will wind up being the day I get to the race course and check things out on two wheels.

As the weekend draws closer, I'm getting more and more excited for the opportunity to race again. Like I've said, this is something totally new to me, so it'll be nice to see what I can do. I really don't have any expectations because I really just don't know what to expect! The only thing I can say is that I'm gonna "play to win the game" as Herman Edwards once said. Why else bother showing up?:)

The rest of today will be dedicated, again, to resting and recouping. I'm gonna get some healthy food in, do some yoga, read, and hopefully turn in early again. Tomorrow isn't too demanding of a day work-wise, so that should be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment