Tuesday, November 16, 2010

No riding = not fun

Been forced off the bike and generally from exercise the past couple days. Being sick sucks, but being sick for a race sucks more. I started feeling a little sick on friday, and trudged through the weekend, probably not making things better. By yesterday I was really feeling it. Luckily most, actually all, of the symptoms are above the neck, so I'm thinking it's nothing serious. Still, I prefer to be rested and healthy heading into this weekend, so I'm sitting on my bum for the last two days.

In a lot of ways this two days of imposed rest is long overdue. Since the tri season concluded by all means and purposes for me after my last XTERRA race at the end of August, I've been training daily. I don't think I took a complete day off, even though I should have. I did the same thing at the conclusion of last year and it wound up biting me in the arse with a string of injuries that plagued me this season-all running related by the way:(. So, while it's incredibly boring to sit back with your feet up all afternoon, it's needed in every way.

For the race, I know I've mentioned this before, but I super excited. It's a kind of nervous energy that I haven't had since before my first tri. The element of heading into unknown waters is really intoxicating. Though you never know what to expect from any race, heading into a new discipline is exciting and freightening at the same time. It's gonna be awesome and I can't wait to suit up and get out there on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment