Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Race That Wasn't

First 'cross race was yesterday and I didn't even make the start line. As a matter of fact, I didn't even make it to the race venue. I woke up feeling like crap yesterday and thought it best to play the rest of the day by ear. The race wasn't until 2pm, so I had some time to come to an intelligent decision-which is kinda like an oxymoron for me:O). Anyway, after spending the early morning at work, I, and my coach, came to the decision that it wasn't a good thing to race all out when I was feeling less than good.

I think the sicky feeling I had yesterday was a culmination of doing too much on too little sleep and not enough food. I have to admit that when I don't actively think about it, I forget to eat. It's not that I'm not hungry, I just get so busy and occupied with what I'm doing that I forget to fuel the fire. I'll work on it, but it was certainly evident in the fact that I felt like garbage yesterday and got a double migrane in the middle of the week. Gotta remember that it's not just training, but recovery as well that's important.

Looking forward now, the missing of the race isn't the biggest deal in the world. There are about 4 more cross races localy in which I plan to compete, as well as my first 6 hour mtb race this coming Saturday. Honestly I'm most excited for the mtb race, but cross should be fun as well. The mtb race will be a good test of where I am against other riders, and cross will be fun to just crush myself and give an excuse for drinking good Belgian beer:).

No comments:

Post a Comment