Friday, August 5, 2011

Restin', restin', restin'

I'm not going into it again, but after my less than stellar race this past weekend, I decided to take a complete week off the bike and pretty much any exercise at all. My body just hasn't felt "right" since Monday, so maybe I ought to listen to it and hang it up for a little bit.

I can't remember the last time (without sickness) that I went more than a day without some sort of movement. It amazes me that people actually live like this! I'm starting to think that I haven't felt quite normal because I'm not exercising. Not exactly sure, but that's just my theory.

Anyway, most likely won't do much until next Tuesday when I start back on the bike again. I've registered for my first XC race on August 27th and will be looking forward to the short and hard effort. I'm still on the fence about doing any long races again this season. There is a 40 miler and a 4 hour race that are on my radar, as well as the Something Wicked Events 6 Hours of Cathedral Pines race that I'm still kinda into doing. For some reason though I'm just not willing to commit to the longer stuff at this moment-almost like my heart just isn't into it. Maybe time will adjust my thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment