Sunday, April 8, 2012

I'm back!

Not exactly sure where that last "drab" couple of days came from, but I've managed to get out of my funk and back to "Cool Dave" once again. It could have been the great time with family today, or the awesomely fun experience of getting literally lost in the woods for a few hours.  Or, it could have just been the stoked feeling you get after having a good ride, not matter where or when it is.  Whatever the case, I'm happy again and looking forward to getting some work done this week.

The "lost in the woods" part of today was terrific.  I rode out on a trail that I had only previously visited once before, didn't pick up a map, and honesty didn't care much about finding my way until I was really lost.  That pang of fear grew a bit as I got the eery feeling I was going around in circles.  The feeling of being in "Deliverance" didn't help matters either as I was more than freaked out a few times at the odd pickup that seemed to be following me.  Pretty sure I could have taken the tobacco spittin' fella drivin' the rig though-that is, unless he was packin' more than that "tobacky" in his cheek.

Eventually I found my way and got back to the trailhead, but not before I managed to get my first ding in the new bike.  Guess that's a little bit of a "Godsmack" for spending Easter Sunday enjoying my time on the bike instead of enjoying my time with family.  Oh well, they know I'm crazy!

At the end of the day, I think this was everything I needed to get me out of the funk I've been in.  Now just to carry these good vibes and positive outlook into the coming week and getting down to work.  Need to get a lot done in this week and it starts tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment