Thursday, April 19, 2012

Really Cool Vid

This is a video I found on another blog I was browsing on the inter webs.  Transition is an awesome bike company that make some of the coolest bikes I've seen.  Nothing overly flashy, or dynamically engineered by the latest robots and machines in the world, but just good, durable bicycles.  I can say directly from my own personal experience that they have fantastic customer service and are willing to help fellow riders in anyway they can.  If you have never heard of them, look them up.  You'll be happy you did.



For me, today was like trying to control a cobra by its tail.  I was running crazy all day, never managing to sit for more than about 5 minutes (well while not in the car driving).  I slept very little last night, but managed to over caffeinate myself throughout the day and take care of the things on my "to do" list, the last of which was a trip to the dentist.

I haven't been to the dentist in about 8 years, and given that fact, I was greeted with the realization that I've got some cavities to take care of.  Not the best news in the world, but it could be worse.  Also, at the very least, after I get these taken care of, I've not got much to worry about provided I take care of my teeth in the future-something I've obviously not done a good enough job of in the past.

Otherwise, I picked up and received all the goodies for my bike I spoke of a couple days back.  Got the Mavic Crossmax SX wheels, E13 chain guide, Race Face chainring, and heavier springs for the shock and fork on my Enduro.  The worst part, of course, is that I cannot use any of these things immediately as I'm still on the mend from my foot injury.  That being the case, I'l have to install all these wonderful new toys and only look at them until my foot is good enough to shred.  I guess it's a small price to pay for what could have been a much worse injury.  And a few more days isn't going to kill me so I should probably stop whining.

The rest of the week looks to be a bit more mellow, so I should have the opportunity to catch up on some sleep and do a few more things that require my attention.  I might try and get in a light weight workout or two in the next few days as I've done absolutely nothing since hurting my foot last Saturday.  The rest has been nice, and I know it's helped my foot not to over stress it, but I'm chomping at the bit to do something physical.  At this point I think I need more of the mental release it brings than anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment