Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Swim, Bike

Got in some quality work again today. It's amazing how the body adapts to training and how good and powerful you feel when you truly begin to get fit. So, in other words, things are really coming together. My bike is getting faster, my run is coming along, and I can finally swim. I actually ENJOY swimming! How crazy is that!

Anyway, not much is new other than my first race of the season is this week. I've been having a bit of discomfort with my ankle lately, so I'll have to keep an eye on that. Otherwise all systems are go and it should turn out to be a good day. I'm much further along in my fitness at this point this year, so it'll be interesting to see what I can do on Sunday. Mainly, I'm looking to beat my time from last year. If I win again, that's great, but you never know who shows up on race day. My luck Matty Reed will be toeing the line next to me:). Being that it's the first race of the year though, I'll be happy with a solid outing. The real fireworks start on June 6th up in Connecticut at the Quassy Rev3 race. Other than Timberman, this has got to be my favorite race. They really put together a quality product and I look forward to competing in more of the Rev3 series in the future.

For tomorrow I've got a nice long swim on tap with a long run planned for the afternoon. I'm gonna be careful to make sure my ankle doesn't get worse, so if things start to go south I'll bag the run early. No need to push things now.

No comments:

Post a Comment