Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Swim, Run

Tough day today. Not physically, but mentally for sure. I'm travelling this coming Friday, and I believe because of the stress I get from travel, and making sure I get everything done that needs to be done before my trip, I struggled to be motivated for training today. If based completely on percieved effort, I would have bagged the day. But, because all the numbers were where they were suppossed to be (pace, HR, etc.), I decided to just suck it up and get it done. This is one of the few times I've truly been thankful to have so many "gadgets" involved in my training:). I usually leave the numbers to my coach, but today it was nice to see that all the "crap feeling" was just in my head and doesn't mean that my fitness is necessarily being compromised. There are going to be good days and bad days. Luckily, for me, the good ones far outweigh the bad ones:)

Tomorrow is back in the pool and on the bike. While recently I've had trouble getting psyched up for runs, I never have a problem getting out on the bike. And even swimming has been a bunch of fun lately. The weather is suppossed to be terrific as well, so I'm hoping that will have an positive effect on me too! We'll see!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment