Saturday, May 1, 2010

Yesterday, Bike

Great day on the bike yesterday. Things are really moving faaaast:). I'm way ahead of where I was this time last year and I'm itching to race. I didn't concentrate too much on making up my race schedule this season because I really didn't know what I wanted to do. I got the major events covered and kind of hoped the rest would fall into place-which it pretty much has.

My first race is in a little over a week and I'm terrified. It's a duathlon I won this last season, and probably shouldn't be worrying about it, but I'm just scared to death. Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on myself, but I'm not sure how I'll react if I don't win again. I've never had to "defend" a title (if you even want to call it that! It's not like it's freakin' Kona or something:) ), so this is all new territory for me. My swim coach gave me the suggesstion to just try and beat my time last year. If I concentrate on that, I'll hopefully be able to not only calm myself down, but also win again as well. We'll see.

I am, though, looking forward BIG TIME to my first triathlon of the season! The Rev3 tri in Connecticut will be my season opener. Last year I had a terrible run...well actually it was more of a shuffle. I didn't train enough and went into the race with a cocky attitude that wound up kicking me in the ass. This year, I've respected the training, and worked hard to come back this year strong. I know more than I did last year and I think that will serve me well next month.

Today is a long ride followed by a run. Gonna be a beautiful day and I'm excited to get out on the bike!

No comments:

Post a Comment