Thursday, May 13, 2010

Swim, Run

Another swim and run today.

Great, but hard swim today. Any time you're lucky enough to have a coach on the pool deck and you're scheduled for hard intervals, you know you're gonna get your money's worth. It was tough, but in a great way. Not to mention the fact that if you're stroke starts to get sloppy, you have somebody to kick your butt back into gear:).

For the run I felt great. No silly cramps today (and no chocolate covered strawberries either!). However, I have to be a bit more disciplined as I ran a little too hard when I was suppossed to take it easier. It was only 15-20 seconds faster than the intended pace, but over distance that kinda adds up. I get carried away sometimes and it'll hurt me in the long run. The easy days will be too hard and the hard days won't be hard enough. I'm trying though!!!:)

Tomorrow is a tough day on the bike. Nothing long, but just hard. Kinda scared about it:). I think I get more nervous the night before big workout days than I do before races...well, maybe I get nervous for both:) hahaha! Anyway, it's gonna be a chance to use my new power meter and set up some numbers from which to base future workouts on. The weather is supposed to be crap, so I'm crossing my fingers that the rain will hold out! I only need 90 minutes!!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment