Thursday, May 6, 2010

Swim, Bike

Great day of training. Swam really hard and long and biked really hard and short. Quality, quality, quality.

The difference in where I am now as compared to last year at this time is unbelieveable. I'm so incredibly happy with my progress and delighted with every moment of training. It's kind of like that "live to train" mentality, but in a healthy way. I'm feeling fit and motivated, but being careful not to overdo things. It's easy to get carried away when you're feeling like superman in all your training sessions.

First race of the season this year is on Sunday and I'm just about ready to go. I've been nervous about this race for a couple weeks, but now that things are coming together strongly in training, I'm more confident that I'll have a good day. Really no need to be nervous as it's not even a "B" race on my calendar, but I'm a headcase sometimes so I'll just have to deal with it:).

Tomorrow is just a light jog with a strength session in the afternoon. My ankle's been doing just "O.K." today so again, I'll keep an eye on it. I'm not quite sure if it's coming from riding or running right now. Whatever the case, it gets sore after training and then goes back to normal shortly after. I'll baby it and make sure it's good so it doesn't become a problem later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment