Monday, February 21, 2011

Epic HD Action Cam in the hizzy!

Just got my camera! Totally stoked, excited, geeked, happy, etc.... I'm pretty shocked at how small and streamlined it is. Gonna look good on my handlebars and helmet. Pretty snazzy if I do say so myself. The only gripe I have, other than the fact that the company didn't get back to me after I sent them an email last week, is that an additional mount I ordered didn't come in the same package as the camera. I'm assuming that the two items shipped seperately, but it would have been nice to have been notified of this. Just a small complaint, otherwise I'm really psyched to fire this thing up and get some cool vids. Unfortunately with the snow storm we got today, it might be a bit before I get anything mountain bike related, but for now I'll try out for some road shots and vids... Here are some pics and a little movie I recorded while goofing around with it-emphasis on the word "little".

Tiny...might actually mount it underneath the nose of the saddle, just have to watch out for "Thunder and Lightning" getting in the way:)



Pay no attention to the bike gear on the kitchen table...or the painting Anne made for me...need to hang that up!:)

Right...I'm not James Cameron, but I promise to have better content than this! It was only a 'test' shoot!!!



2 comments:

  1. For a second I thought you were going to mount the camera on your saddle... nice colon shots?
    Sweet man, that thing is awesome! I would love to have that coming down some of my fast mountain descents. Where did you order it from?
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, yeah man, you can never be too careful about colon screening:).

    I ordered it directly from the Epic sight, www.epicstealthcam.com. It was a gift so I was able to get the highest end camera, but they have others that from what I heard are just as good (minus the HD of course), for somewhere around $179 I think. I've heard good things about the gopro as well, but I like the "sleekness" of this one.

    Decents are definitely going to be sweet with this thing. Part of the reason I wanted it so bad was to get vids of some of the decents in Spain.

    ReplyDelete