Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Today was a good day...

Ice Cube said it, "Today was a good day/and I didn't even have to use my A.K." Well I don't have an A.K., but I'm sure I wouldn't need to have used it today if I did. I got a TON of sleep yesterday (somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 hours!) and it's all but gotten all of my illness under control. I'm feelin' so much better, and training on the bike today actually felt pleasant! Add that to some great weather with temps in the "warm enough to melt the f*cking snow" range, and you have all smiles from this guy!
In the end I got out for about 90 minutes on the road bike. Easy warm up with some quality intervals thrown in there for a nice, neat, and tidy little workout. I was tempted to do more and go harder, but being that I'm feeling better than I have in about a week, I don't want to tempt fate. Besides, I'm hoping to log some good time on the bike this weekend, and if the temps hold out and the snow melts I might get some muddy enjoyment out on the trails! Fingers crossed that Spring is finally here!

Have to say that one of the nicest parts of today envolved some fine beer brought to me by one of my favorite clients! She knows I'm a huge fan of all things beer, and particularly the Belgium style beers. Soooo, when she showed up for her appointment carrying this...


...I nearly jumped out of my skin! Five beautiful bottles of Belgian Beer all for me! Man, I wish I turned 30 every year! Honestly though, all my clients have been so generous with me, not only for my birthday, but in all the years I've been working with them all. I work with wonderful people every day. I imagine most people can't say that.

So that was it for today. Heading in the kitchen soon to cook up some tuna, rice and veggies, then off to another early bed time. Looking forward to the good weather and being healthy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment