Friday, February 11, 2011

Winter Woes

As I've mentioned before, this has been a terrible winter. Skiiers I'm sure love it, but not me. Winter is what you make of it, and I'm into all that positive thinking, but at the end of the day, I'm ready for warmer temps to start. Maybe I'm complaining a bit (I'm sure I am), but I really feel like my fitness is non existant, and it's going to take A LOT of hard work to get it back. Maybe I'm where I'm suppossed to be at right now, but mentally this is really hard.

Even though I didn't have my best season results-wise last summer, I'd have to say that I'd never been fitter. Finishing the season with a super strong showing at the 6 hour mountain bike race had me feeling like Superman heading into the offseason, only to be sacked by all the snow and freezing temps that have made training damn near impossible. There's making excuses and there's gritting your teeth and bearing it, and I've done plenty of both, but all in all I'm ready for Spring.

So.... There are some super warm temps on the way and perhaps an early, February thaw that will see me outside much much more, and perhaps even on the trails again by the end of next week. It'll be sloppy and muddy for sure, but I'd rather have that over snow and ice any day. Now all we need is some good rain to wash away all that salt and chemical crap they put all over the roads.

I'm also battling some sort of cold right now as well. Been coughing up a lung the last few days after having a terrible sore throat in the middle of the week. Going to wind down early tonight and hopefully get in a full nights sleep. I'm not one to resort quickly to medicine, but if this thing isn't getting better soon, I'm going to have to. Rest and nutrition will most likely do the trick though!

And still waiting on the camera! I'm sure it won't be here in the next couple days, but I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment