Tuesday, February 1, 2011

One more week of the 20's

Basically I suck at blogging when Anne's around. Really it's not because I have nothing to say, it's just that I'd rather devote a ton of time to spending with her rather than putting down all my crap here:). Also, I have her to share all the cool things that happen in my day with, so I don't need to do it here so much.

Anyway, the past week has been full of fun, from snowshoeing, to ice skating, to walks around the neighborhood with the dog. All things I really really miss out on when she's not here. It's no shocker to realize I'm a much happier person when I'm around her.

Structured training has taken a backseat for the time she's here and been replaced with more improptu sessions of walks, rides (if the weather makes it happen), and gym sessions. Again, the focus is to spend time together being together, not necessarrily spending it training.

Otherwise it's my 30th birthday Saturday and I'm pretty excited about the new decade. It's a little odd not being in my 20's anymore, and I guess this means I have to "grow up" (whatever that means), but I still feel like the same kid I've always been. I hope I can say the same at 80!-provided I get there!

Tomorrow we'll be heading up to Vermont, unless this sudden "worst storm in 40 years" prevents us. We were meant to be traveling as I write this, but the weather forced us to postpone the trip for about 15 hours. Funny thing is, it hasn't even started to rain/snow/sleet/fart from the sky at all. I'm hoping that the worst isn't ahead and that this whole thing will just blow over! Even better, if the temps would warm up and we'd get some torrential rain to wash away all this snow I'd be forever greatful!

Anyway, that's it for now. More fun up ahead for the next few days! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment