Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Had to pinch myself...

The last two weeks were awesome. Anne and I got to have a ton of fun and spend some great time together. I realize I'm just a much happier dude when she's around. I'm more motivated, have a better attitude, and generally she just brings out the best in me! (OK, enough of the mushy stuff!) :)

Anne left yesterday and for now we'll be away from one another for a bit. There are some real cool potential plans for the future, but no matter what, it won't be long before we're together again.

For me it's back to the normal grind of work and training for the rest of this week. Back to hermit mode... On the positive side of things, the weather looks like it's starting to break a bit. We've had a few warm days and after the next few colder ones, it looks like we're gonna stay above freezing for the next week. The temp change combined with some rain we got last week melted A LOT of the snow that's been dumped on us all winter. Looks like it might be time to get back in the dirt on the mtb soon! I can't believe it's been nearly 2 and a half months since my last ride on the trails. Quite depressing!

Also looks like I'm going to have a new toy to play with during training as a gift for my 30th birthday! A friend of the family wanted to do something nice for my birthday and totally insisted on getting me something I wanted. I've really wanted a helmet cam to have during my rides, but could never justify buying it for myself. Anyway, it was in the price-range she wanted to spend, so POOF!, looks like I'm getting my wish!

Vids to follow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment