Saturday, February 19, 2011

Windy, windy, windy

Riding today, I was glad I had that extra bit of winter weight left over from eating too much around the holidays. I don't think I've ever seen wind this bad on Long Island before. I'm not exactly sure of the actual speeds, but it was the kind of "blow you across the road" wind out there today. I managed to stay upright though, and get in some good miles, although my face and any other exposed skin is still red and burned. All in a good days work!

Not much else on the day. Just training and now relaxing. Time to take a shower and take my mom to the movies. Tomorrow is more training and with the change to slightly warmer temps and no snow, I'm SUPER motivated right now. The temps are suppossed to go below freezing tonight and warm up later tomorrow morning...which means...hopefully the mud on the trails will freeze and I can get a FURLY ride in on the dirt for a couple hours before it all thaws out. That would be the icing on the cake! I haven't been on my mtb since Christmas day!

No comments:

Post a Comment