Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mt. Handlebar


Headed out again with the Epic HD Action cam, but this time with the specific bar mount I got via my super-cool UPS man yesterday-he brings treats for my dog:). Anyway, yesterday I'd mounted the cam with some zip ties and the mount that's meant to hold the camera to your helmet. That worked really well, but I was psyched to have the actual "handlebar mount", thinking that it would work better. In the end, I'm super disappointed with the mount. As you can see on the vid, it bounces around like Dolly Parton jumping rope, and produces a hole bunch of noise as well. I'm going to send it back and see if I can get a refund. As for mounting the cam on the bars, I'll just use the zip ties and helmet mount. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

2 comments:

  1. Damn, almost unwatchable and certainly LOUD!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah man, compared do my "do it yourself" mount, this one sucks. It has a cleaver mount that allows you to turn the camera 360 degrees. This feature is cool, but is the ultimate downfall when mounting it to the handlebars. The only way it would work is if you rode on a freakin Formula 1 racetrack.
    I'm going to try it one last time on the mtb. I'm thinking suspension might make up for the bouncing. Who knows...

    ReplyDelete