Sunday, October 11, 2009

I can't sit still!!!!!

It's really so hard for me to sit still these days. Getting so much sleep really makes me a giant ball of energy.

Today I took the road bike out for a little spin with a friend, then rode myself for a while. I didn't track my pace, miles, or anything else for that matter. I just explored and rode hard sometimes and easy other times. Nothing too long as I imagine it was around 2-2 1/2 hours of riding. I can't wait to get back to my long 6 hour rides! They're so fun I'm pissed I wasn't doing them all year!

This afternoon I'll probably take my dog for a little trail run. She really deserves to be outside after putting up with all my long training weekends.

Oh and I almost forgot the best part of today! I volunteered for a sprint tri down the street from my house this morning. I had an absolute blast! While I would have rather watched the race as a spectator, there's something to be said for watching everyone go by. Young and old, experienced and newbie, everyone had a great big smile on their face! It might have been the fact that I was doing the "runningman dance" in the middle of the street for everyone as they went by, but I like to think being involved with a beautiful race on a gorgeous morning was the source of their happiness! I'm looking forward to volunteering more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment