Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's Official

After deep thought, as well as deep financial discovery, I've decided to do Ironman Louisville next August as my first taste of Ironman. I had gone back and fourth quite a bit on wheather or not to do this race or IM Arizona. In the end it came down to which race I was likely to spend less money on. This includes, airline ticktes, travel, food, hotel, and the other things that come with an endevour this big. I like both the courses, and Arizona is definately a race I have every intention of doing one day.

I feel like a giant weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I'm super excited to compete, and I think this is going to be a very good race for me. it's almost a year away, but I feel like it's tomorrow. There's a lot of work to be done before the "magical date", and I'm looking forward to the challenge of the new distance. I have a good feeling about this.

On the training side of things, today was my first time back in the water in over a month. The time flew, and my swimming endurance sucks, but overall I'm happy with where I am. It's only one day, and I'm sure the swimming muscles will be sore tomorrow, but today really gave me a good idea of just how much my swim improved in this past season. I didn't feel, pardon the pun, like a fish out of water, but rather settled into some good yards. There were good laps and bad laps, but I was satisfied with the end result.

Thanks to all the people who helped me with my Ironman decision. It was very tough for me to make, but in the end I think doing Louisville will show to be a good choice. If any of you past and present Ironman competitors have any further advice, please don't be shy! I could use all the help I could get!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment